Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeNeo PortalGallerySearchLatest imagesWatch Yu-Gi-Oh! 5DsRegisterLog in

Freedom has its costs. [IC]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Black321

Black321

Freedom has its costs. [IC] Empty
PostSubject: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:52 pm

Quote :
Nako gazed upon the outside world, outside of hist city. " Man, I wish I could get out here. " Nako muttered to himself. He looked at the fence that chained him from the outside world. " I'm sure there are others who are like me... but who? And even if I met some people, how would I get out of here? And who knows what's in the outside world? " Nako muttered to himself. He knew the only one who could answer those questions was himself. Nako walked down a strret, looknig for any passerby that looked anxious to get out of the city. He knew that he wasn't the only teen in this city he despised.

Avian was being dragged out of a store. Two of the guards, forcing him away from the customers due to his "craziness for freedom" and claimed that this boy's mind was "unhealthy" and could damage the minds of the patrons inside. "And stay out!" they said in unison, throwing him on the ground, as they walked back inside.

"I don't need you idiots!" Avian spat back after them, jerking his head to try to seek the fence, to perhaps yell at it. ears formed at his eyes, he wanted out. He stood, and shook the water works from his face. "No crying," he muttered.

Black lights formed at his hands, as the town had secrets. Almost everyone inside, could use powers! Avian figured his alignment was darkness, due to the black it produced, and the darkness and hatred he felt whenever he used it. He didn't care though.

Slowly, they faded, as rage died out, and he stared down. Because-- he saw someone walking down the street, and picked up something they said..

He sounded..like he wanted freedom.

(Sorry, your actually started the IC.)
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:07 am

Nako saw the scene at the store. He overheard the guards saying he wanted " freedom ". "What was ever wrong with freedom? It's like these guards have been brainwashed or something." Nako thought to himself. A bright color wrapped around his hands. Nako had it for a very long time, but he didn't know how he got it. All he knew was that it was some sort of elemental thing.

Nako ran to the teen that was thrown out of the store. " Are you okay? I overheard the guards talking about how freedom was ' wrong '. It's like they've been brainwashed or something.... " Nako said to the teen. He offered his hand to the teen that seemed to feel like him about this city and the outside world.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 7:21 am

Avian blinked-- this guy came so random, but..he was talking an interesting subject. Freedom defiantly was something this kid wanted as well, which really worked nicely for the most part. Freedom was always needed.

"Yeah, I do want freedom," Avian smirked. "How about you? Want it, or do you let the stupid police of this town hold down your powers and reality?" he asked frantically. This was exciting almost for Avian-- something he never actually got.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:30 pm

" I never really cared for the police. I'm sure I've ranted and raved about freedom bunches of times. There's a whole world out there... waiting to be discovered. Maybe we'll be the ones to discover it. Maybe we won't. But there will always be someone against the norm. Anyways, I would climb that fence, but it's very steep. There has to be another way, though. Freedom always has another way. " Nako replied.

Nako saw a policeman out of the corner of his eye. " Let's get to my place before that cop goes and throws us in prison for talking about this. Then we won't have any freedom at all, only bars... bars like that fence. " Nako said as he sprinted down the street and turned the corner. His home wasn't very far, a block or two away. It was positioned that way so he could stare at the outside world, thinking of ways to get out of the city.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 1:37 pm

Avian smirked at this-- the guy was awesome. He knew how to escape already-- the fence, was a fence. Unstable and already simple to break, from powers granted. What laid on the other side kept him from using his darkness and hatred to snap through though. Now that he knew someone else was like him in this town, he could leave!

As they sprinted, Avian stopped running and turned. His fist glowed, and he sent a wave after the police. It was dark out, and when they were hit, Avian and the new kid disappeared and crept to a house. The run was painful, due to the fact his powers took energy, and he had been thrown onto the ground, but he sure wasn't going to stop now!

When they arrived at the destination, Avian opened his mouth to speak, but was filled with seemingly endless pants. Slowly, he was able to hold and speak. "I'm Avian, and I know ways to get out. Are you with me?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 4:49 pm

" I'm Nako, and of course I will join to get out of this wretched city. We'll have to wait until visibility is zero- for the police, that is. " Nako replied. He took out his hand and a small ball of light surrounded it, making a natural flashlight. " This isn't the only thing I can do, but it will be easy for us to see the fence. " Nako said.

" We'll need a place to stay- or rather, hide, until that time. Other police will surely find that one you hit with your darkness. My place is just a block or two down. Act natural so nobody suspects us of anything. " Nako said to Avian. He walked casually as any normal person would. He knew they would quickly reach his home.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:09 pm

The light served perfect to Avian's perspective. It would server its purpose, and nothing more. Nothing too fancy or anything. "Visibility ain't a problem. I can faintly cast a shadowy blanket over us, and no one would suspect a thing, or catch up," he explained, with a crooked smile, and a dangerous demonic stare.

"We can hide at your place sure, but we leave tomorrow. Haven't you noticed that wasting energy on food never seems to do anything?" Avian asked. "I know all the secrets, I have been arrested for sneaking into the council and reading secret files and papers. I played innocent and got out. We are magic, and we don't need food or anything. Just need to try and keep our spirits up, because that's how our alignments work."

He followed after Nako. "There was something about the city of death, but I didn't quite get to read that," he whispered in his hear.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:21 pm

" Tomorrow it is. This place... I'm not going to miss it. I'm going to miss planning to get out of it though... wondering what's on the outside world. But mysteries can't be mysteries forever. " Nako replied.

Nako lifted up a manhole that looked like the street but was just a little more elevated. Policemen never took notice of it. " Let's get down there." Nako said as he dropped down. It was a small chamber with a simple kitchen, two beds, and a small color television. " Before we spend our last night, tell me about the city of death. " Nako said to Avian.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2010 5:25 pm

Avian quickly followed through down. He glanced around the room. It seemed ironic how fitting everything was. "Mysteries will never be un-solved. Whoever creates them knows the solution, so, there isn't such thing as a mystery," Avian smirked.

"The city of death eh? I only read that this town was the city of death. Something about us being the only town of something. I though it said left in the world, but I was being rushed, so, yeah," he admitted. "Now quickly, go to sleep, we leave at four, no later."
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 1:56 pm

Nako woke up at 3:50. He saw the Avian was still asleep. Nako shook Avian up. " Wake up Avian, it's 3:50. Any last good byes you want to make before we leave this city? " Nako asked. Nako secretly said goodbye to his old place. He would miss all the times in here, good and bad. It was fun while it lasted for him, trying to get out of he city. But it would be more fun to explore the outside world. "There's no way anything on the outside can hurt us more than this city..." Nako convinced himself.

Last edited by DuelistSater on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:01 pm

"No, I'm an outcast to the city here," Avian replied, getting up, and stretching. "We need to get out of here as soon as possible, and that means right now." He stared Nako down. "Besides, we got each other now, how could we ever get hurt?" he smirked. "I control the darkness, so nothing will-" he was cut off.

"WHERE ARE THEY!? I KNOW THOSE TWO ARE HERE SOMEWHERE!"

If Avian had to guess, he'd say it was a cop.

He turned to Nako, and gave a sign that said, "turn off all lights!"
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:18 pm

Nako turned off all the lights in his home. " The police never notice this place. If they do, they've gotten smarter. A lot smarter. " Nako whispered to Avian under his breath. " Prepare your element, just in case. I'm going to try to get the back exit open. " Nako whispered again. He inched along the wall. Since he couldn't use his light, he felt the wall for the button that led to his emergency escape. It was actually a brick that was a little smoother than all the others. Many policemen would not feel the difference, but Nako made it himself, so he knew what the difference was.

(( BTW, italicized means a thought. ))
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:22 pm

(Dude I LIVE by that rule XD)

Quickly Avian had his familiar black wisp in his hand, but in the dark, it was hidden. He knew already, that a fight, was a fight, so he needed to be prepared for anything. The line grew thicker, or what he could feel it did. It was going to be the ultimate weapon of they came. He had years of experience, but near no training, so he had to wind up shooting for what he could.

"Hurry up!" he whispered furiously.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:27 pm

Nako suddenly felt the slight difference in texture. He pushed on the block, and a passage revealed itself right next to it. " Got it open! It leads to right before the fence. Quickly, now! There's a button on the inside that closes the passage. " Nako said as he stepped in the passage.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:31 pm

Avian waved his arms, his beams shooting at the roof, causing a miniature explosion, as he turned, and ran into the passageway. "Shut it now!" he yelled at him. "We have to move move MOVE!" His voice was angry. He was wasting time by breathing it seemed.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 3:37 pm

Nako pressed the button, which was an actual button, and closed the passage. He ran down the passage. " This passage... I know there's more to it, but it ends at the fence. There's a giant slab ofconcrete that cannot be pierced in any shape or form. Luckily, there's a hatch that leads to the surface. I believe that this was used long ago... anyways, we'd better hurry! " Nako said as he used his power to make a flashlight. He quickly sprinted foward, trying to get to the concrete.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 4:02 pm

Avian sprinted after him, quickly catching up. "If there's concrete, we can break it!" he said, ignoring the second part. "There is always a way!" His hands grew dark, and he raised his fist, waiting for when they reached the end of the path, because he was taking no for no answer. Today, he was going to break free from a town, in any means possible. Even if he killed himself trying.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 4:37 pm

Nako and Avian soon reached the concrete. When Nako touched it, he was sent back a few inches. " There's some kind of energy shield here... " Nako said. He tried to fire a beam of light on the concrete, but the shield made it bounceback a few feet. It created a mini-explosion. " You try to figure a way to break the concrete. I'll open the hatch. " Nako said as he pushed open the hatch slightly. He poked his head out, and they were right next to the fence. Unfortunately, there were cops all over the street. He could see the cop trying to get into his home a few blocks back.

" Where are those kids? They keep ranting on freedom. " One cop said. " At least they won't be able to get out while we are patrolling. Has the seargent found anything yet? " Another cop replied. " Nope. He'll fins something though. ONe of those freedom teens lives underground, so I hear. " The first cop said. They started another conversation, but it was meaningless banter to Nako, so he shut the hatch sliently. " The surface is swarming with cops. We'll have to find a way through this concrete. " Nako said to Avian.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 7:53 pm

Avian watched the beam fail, and quickly moved out of harm's way. He smirked, this wasn't going to be difficult. There wasn't a way in hell he was going to quit after this short of time, not a chance at all. He though. Darkness controled shadows, yet broke in the light. Light killed shadows, but didn't have an effect in the dark. This was confusing, but suddenly, he was rushed. He could hear someone. Someone was coming closer. He knew, it was a cop.

"Nako! I know how we can break this thing! Fire both at once! Darkness will haunt out all the light, and your beam will shatter the unprotected walls!" he gaped, trying to fit the plan into a small section of time they limited themselves with.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:37 pm

" All right. On the counter of three! " Nako yelled. " 1... 2... 3! " Nako fired his Light Beam at the barrier. He thought that Avian's plan might work. He heard the cop, possbily that Seargent, coming closer and closer.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Quickly, Avian threw his beam, as they both crashed into the wall, and made a thick smokey mist, which Avian retorted and looked away from, thinking this might not work. But... it had to. No opinions-- they wanted freedom, this was how it was to come. By the hardest way they could.

Quickly, Avian turned, when the smoke died, and ran. He heard someone getting much closer. He sprinted towards the wall, which was missing a few bricks, when threw a punch, which was enhanced by his darkness, and broke through. "Come on!" he hissed.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:17 pm

Nako followed Avian. " So we explore the underground... Wonder if there's a hatch here too? Who knows! It's going to be an adventure! " Nako just hoped there was a way out of here... if there wasn't, the path might be their deathbeds. He looked behind, and saw a lantern light. " We've gotta hurry! The cops are catching up! If you see a way out, take it! " Nako exclaimed to Avian.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 4:42 pm

Avian merely said nothing. He continued staring ahead, the darkness flowing all around. "We don't need a way out," he breathed quietly. "We..aren't in the city.." He grew quiet once more. Looking ahead, he saw something that frightened him so. They were out of the city, and the world beyond..was seemingly....

dead.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 5:49 pm

Nako was silent as hestoppedpanting and looked at the scene around him. He looked back, and it semmed the cop had turned back. Nako turned on his natural flashlight, but nothing was there. It was a big empty... nothing. " What happened here? You think anyone is... well... alive? " Nako asked Avian.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 12:50 pm

Avian said nothing. He only made a motion with his hand, indicating for the shadows of the night to slip away. As they moved, Avian could feel his energy draining. This was never the case for anything before-- these shadows were..almost painful to move! He made a quiet grunting noise, as a few slithered away, and revealing a forest. Filled...

Filled with globs of black gush. And they were moving at him.
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 1:43 pm

Nako stared at the block globs. " What... what are those things? " Nako asked himself. He fired a Light Beam at one of them, to see how it would respond.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 3:46 pm

The glob seemed unaffected by the beam. Avian found this weird. His eye lit up though. "The city....the city was the only thing alive," he whispered. "The city of death must be around here then.."
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:10 pm

" That may be... " Nako replied, " But how do we deal with them? They're black, soI thought they would be associated with darkness. But maybe if you hit them with darkness... " Nako said, trying to think of a plan. " Maybe we can try that Light-Darkness combo again? " Nako asked Avian.
Back to top Go down
Black321

Black321

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 8:03 pm

Avian didn't wait for another word, he shot a beam at the creature, thinking that he should go for a one way element before their combo. It might not work if they didn't start like this, and he was right. The creature died-- literally died in front of them, and Avian blinked.

(Took for you forever to reply Razz)
Back to top Go down
DuelistSater

DuelistSater

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:39 pm

(( Well now that THE SITE THAT'S NOT THE PLACE is back online, I be busy with my old friends. And you might just be good for The Place. You're one of the best RPers I've seen outside of The Site. ))

Nako stared in awe at the destroyed globs. " Keep doing that. If they get too close, we should fall back. " Nako said to Avian.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Freedom has its costs. [IC]   Freedom has its costs. [IC] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Freedom has its costs. [IC]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next